Google Search

Fried Chicken




Ingredients: 

  • 1 large bowl
  • 1 tbsp Salt
  • 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
  • 3 tbsp of Crystal hot sauce.
  • 1-1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp seasoning blend
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder



Method:
  1. Here's my large bowl of chicken legs. I rinsed them under cold water.

  2. I seasoned them with 1 tbsp. of regular salt, 1/2 tbsp. of course black pepper, and 3 tbsp. of Crystal hot sauce. I used my hands to make sure that all of the pieces were coated. Then, I refrigerated for an hour to allow the flavors to blend.

  3. In a gallon-sized zippered storage bag, I added 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. of my seasoning blend, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Even with the hot sauce and cayenne, this chicken wasn't spicy, just flavorful.

  4. I coated the legs two at a time in the flour.


  5. I don't have a cast iron skillet so I used my largest frying pan. I used canola oil and cooked the chicken on medium heat (number 6 on electric heat), ten minutes on each side for a total of 20 minutes.

  6. Even with all the hot grease, I didn't have a lot of splattering and nobody got hurt, mainly me.

  7. Drained on paper towels. The crust was crisp and the chicken was cooked all the way to the bone.

  8. Fried chicken - done! Another item checked off the kitchen bucket list!

  9. Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...